thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dvir Volk <dvir...@gmail.com>
Subject The state of Go support in thrift
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 17:52:05 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering about the state of the Go library in Thrift.
I tried it out today and this is the state of affairs as I understand it:

1. thrift 0.9 supports an old version of go and is not compliant with Go
1.x, both in the library and compiler.

2. thrift master (1.0) has ported both the compiler and the libraries to Go
1.x, but the library is lacking - the non blocking server has been removed,
only simple server is available, there are missing tests, etc.

Is anyone working on the Go library currently? Are there any plans to
replace TNonBlockingServer with something else? (indeed a non blocking
server misses the point of the Go model).

Thanks,

Dvir