thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dvir Volk <dvir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The state of Go support in thrift
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 19:42:24 GMT
Thanks Jens.

I'm not sure this mailing list is the place - but what do you think of a
server that takes advantage of Go's concurrency without complicating things
with TFramedTransport and the TNonBlocking pattern?

Just something called, say TConcurrentServer or TGoroutineServer - more or
less like a go version of TThreadedServer: It spawns a goroutine per
connection, which is the recommended pattern of handling connection
concurrency in Go anyway.

It won't take much effort to extend TSimpleServer to support this - in fact
I did a quick & dirty version of it in a couple of minutes today, and it
worked fine.

I can try and create such a server, that would be the start of something
people could easily use.

--
Dvir Volk
Chief Architect, Everything.me