thrift-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Jones <chris.jone...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User defined callback
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2013 01:24:06 GMT
My use case is:

I would like each client to register with the server supplying a callback
object.
Then if the server wants to notify all the registered clients of some
change in state it simply calls methods on the callback object.
This provides communication that is initiated from either direction.
The alternative is that the client polls (undesirable) the server for new
events.