thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: The state of Go support in thrift
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:56:01 GMT
Hi Dvir,

your summary is fairly accurate.

I did not actively monitor github whether Travis (he made the 1.x upgrade
patch) is still working at it over there. At least there were no more
patches in the last weeks. Go support in Thrift master surely made a great
step forward, but of course we still would happily appreciate any patches
provided to push the Go 1.x support forward to a more mature state.

Best regards,
JensG

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
From: Dvir Volk
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:52 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: The state of Go support in thrift

Hi all,

I was wondering about the state of the Go library in Thrift.
I tried it out today and this is the state of affairs as I understand it:

1. thrift 0.9 supports an old version of go and is not compliant with Go
1.x, both in the library and compiler.

2. thrift master (1.0) has ported both the compiler and the libraries to Go
1.x, but the library is lacking - the non blocking server has been removed,
only simple server is available, there are missing tests, etc.

Is anyone working on the Go library currently? Are there any plans to
replace TNonBlockingServer with something else? (indeed a non blocking
server misses the point of the Go model).

Thanks,

Dvir