thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: some questions about commit f509df9c969f71d360e7c1394d0d73cb6ab9955c
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 00:01:29 GMT
Hi,

> I am using thrift 0.9.0 windows version [...] So I think current
> thrift.exe is not included your changes, right?

Version 0.9.0 is correct, of course. Sorry.

> If so, how can I build it on windows?

You don't have to. The download should do.

> What is the binary type in thrift? I was not found it in thrift base
> types. Could you tell me more details?

It's mentioned at http://thrift.apache.org/docs/types/ under "special types"
and it is exactly that: an array of bytes. Some more info can be found here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13876233/best-way-to-send-binary-data-with-thrift

> In our project, we need transport model which included "byte[]" type field
> to Server, so in thrift I defined list<byte> type.

Try using binary.

Best regards,
Jens