thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject AW: capitalization convention in csharp public properties
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:31:40 GMT
Good question. I asked it myself s while ago. Since C# distinguishes identifiers by case, it
may be not such a bad idea to not to do this. OTOH so far nobody seems to have a real problem
with the status quo ...

________________________________
Von: David Sautter
Gesendet: 27.09.2013 16:40
An: user@thrift.apache.org
Betreff: capitalization convention in csharp public properties

Hi to all,

I'm currently into some csharp and javascript programming using Thrift.
In my .thrift-files I declared some structs with properties which had no
capitalization (e.g. 1: int id). After compiling the .thrift files I
noticed that in js public properties are staying to be without
capitalization whereas in csharp public properties are capitalized.
So it's conform with the csharp code styling guidelines etc. but the
question is wether it is intended by the Thrift compiler to implicitly
change what i defined in my thrift files?

greetings
David