thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift compiler takes long time to run
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 20:53:25 GMT

  // Return a string that uniquely identifies this type
  // from any other thrift type in the world, as far as
  // TDenseProtocol is concerned.
  // We don't cache this, which is a little sloppy,
  // but the compiler is so fast that it doesn't really matter.

That's for the wrong assumptions, hehe.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
From: Jens Geyer
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:30 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: Thrift compiler takes long time to run

No that's strange, I can reproduce it.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
From: Niclas Lockner
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:59 AM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Thrift compiler takes long time to run

Hi,

When I run the Thrift compiler, it takes about 6.5 minutes on my Core i7 to
complete. Is this normal for a not-too-complicated input file? The input
file can be found here: http://pastebin.com/H5Uj74aW

After looking in the code, I found that it's the "generate_fingerprint"
function for structs that takes time. What is happening in this stage and
why does it take so long time to complete?

/ Niclas Lockner