thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift Compiler Support for UTF-8
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 19:15:19 GMT

Try to save the IDL file as UTF-8 without a BOM.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
From: Youssef Hatem
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:21 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Thrift Compiler Support for UTF-8

I wrote some scripts to automate the process of compiling Thrift IDLs and
put the generated classes in the correct locations of my Visual Studio C#
project. I write the IDLs in Visual Studio and they are under its source
control system.

The problem is that files generated by Visual Studio are in UTF-8 format.
Trying to compile such files doesn't work since Thrift compiler doesn't
support this format (I managed to convert the input file to ASCII (using a
temporary file) before compiling it, but this approach will probably be very
complicated if I use the "include" statement in the IDL).

Is there any work around for this problem?

The compiler version is 0.9.

Best regards,
Youssef Hatem