thrift-user mailing list archives

From Ben Craig <bencr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reducing namespace boilerplate?
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 19:33:51 GMT
This may be getting pedantic, but that page reads more like a
specification of thrift IDL.  BNF is great for specifications, but it
reads poorly for documentation.

So technically, there is something on the website that answers this
question, it just doesn't answer it in a friendly way.

From:   "Jens Geyer" <jensgeyer@hotmail.com>
To:     "Thrift Users" <user@thrift.apache.org>,
Date:   09/11/2013 02:27 PM
Subject:        Re: Reducing namespace boilerplate?

> I just wish this were documented better.

You mean, even better documented as here?
http://thrift.apache.org/docs/idl/
Namespace
A namespace declares which namespaces/package/module/etc. the type
definitions in this file will be declared in for the target languages. The

namespace scope indicates which language the namespace applies to; a scope

of '*' indicates that the namespace applies to all target languages.

[5]  Namespace       ::=  ( 'namespace' ( NamespaceScope Identifier ) |
                                        ( 'smalltalk.category'
STIdentifier ) |
                                        ( 'smalltalk.prefix' Identifier )
)

                          ( 'php_namespace' Literal ) |
                          ( 'xsd_namespace' Literal )

[6]  NamespaceScope  ::=  '*' | 'cpp' | 'java' | 'py' | 'perl' | 'rb' |
'cocoa' | 'csharp'

JensG

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----