thrift-user mailing list archives

From Ben Craig <bencr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Easy installer for Thrift in Windows
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:40:23 GMT
I'm glad to see the thrift compiler get added to chocolatey.  I've been
talking with some of the Boost maintainers about getting official NuGet
support for the Boost libraries.  Once that happens, I intend on getting
NuGet support added for the Thrift libraries.

Note that I'm not making any promises as to which release that will go in.
 It's just something I've been researching.

From:   Andrew Pennebaker <apennebaker@42six.com>
To:     Thrift Users <user@thrift.apache.org>,
Date:   09/24/2013 12:43 PM
Subject:        Easy installer for Thrift in Windows

A Chocolatey-style installer for Thrift has been published for Windows
users:

http://chocolatey.org/packages?q=thrift

Could we include a link to this at the top of the Windows Thrift install
tutorial?

http://thrift.apache.org/docs/install/windows/

Now it's much easier for Windows users to setup Thrift!