thrift-user mailing list archives

From Lars Benner <LBen...@tomtec.de>
Subject Documentation, differences multithreaded server and non-blocking server
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 08:36:01 GMT
I have at the moment a simple, single threaded server running in C++ and I figured out, I can
have only a single client connection at a time. Ok this did not really surprise me.

Since I need to multiple client/server connections at the same time, I assume I have use either
a multithreaded or a non-blocking server. Therefore, I would like to know, what the differences
between a multithreaded server and a non-blocking server are. I have a general understanding
of these concepts. But I do not know, how they are implemented in thrift and what for implications
these different concepts have for my server functionality implementation and the client usage.

So exist some documentation, which I couldn't find, describing this? Or can somebody give
me an overview from 10,000 ft?

Thanks a lot,
- Lars