thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Duives, J. (Jelle)" <jelle.dui...@tno.nl>
Subject Thrift server binding to (already) binded port
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 07:53:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Thrift to transport information from one language to another. Therefore I have created
a TServer and a Client connecting to it. When creating the server I (logically) need to set
a port to its TServerTransport. The strange thing is that when creating a second server on
the same port next to an already existing server, it won't throw any exception. It will happily
(try to) connect to the same port. Shouldn't an exception be thrown?

Jelle