thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Using struct types in typedef
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:19:53 GMT
Hi Taras,

you may be right regarding the grammar definition. A few days ago I tried to
use the Thrift grammar for some other purpose but ended up comparing
Lexx/Yacc code/grammar against the web site grammar, correcting and changing
to get it useable for what I planned to do with it. The reason may be that a
good part of that formal grammar is not really existing as a grammar,
instead only exist as logic cast into C++ code. So there are differences,
and there are things that are not expressed in the gramar (especially
annotations are missing at a number of places in the grammar).

If you should open a JIRA ... I'd say yes, simply because it is not
completely correct as it is today.

Regarding your original question: Yes, it works and things like the
following are possible (and thanks to your question I've spotted a minor bug
in the Delphi codegenerator):

struct Details
{
    1: optional double   a
    2: optional byte       b
    3: optional string     c
}

typedef Details  Details2

typedef list<Details>  Detlist

service foobar {
     void DoIt( 1 : Details2 somedata; 2: Detlist somelist)
}

Can't tell anything about the IntelliJ IDEA plugin. Chances are, that there
are some incompatibilities, especially if they use a modified grammar.

Have fun,
JensG

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----