thrift-user mailing list archives

From Ben Craig <ben.cr...@ni.com>
Subject Re: TThreadedServer link error
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:02:01 GMT
Currently, Thrift does not have a way to initiate a messages from the
server side.  There are two major ways to fake it though.

1. Have a method on your client interface to poll for events.  Have this
method's implementation on the server block until a new event arrives,
then return the relevant information.
2. Create a second connection, going in the opposite direction.

<onorato@onoratovaticone.it>wrote:

> > Hi guys,
> > does thrift has event mechanism?
> > would be nice to have the client callback (like in the
TNonblockingServer)