thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Roger Meier" <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>
Subject RE: any recommendable open-sources for c++ developers
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 19:35:30 GMT
This might be interesting as well...
https://speakerdeck.com/shenrie/a-lightweight-soa-framework-using-ruby-apach
e-thrift-and-amqp

I'm pretty sure that multiple message queue protocols are used with Apache
Thrift.
e.g. AMQP or MQTT

The power of Thrift is combining different languages and platforms.
=> efficient communication across languages and cultures(platforms) is just
a great thing to achieve!

>>> I believe that the thrift is used very nicely in JAVA world. however
does it be also used in C++ world?
>>> does anybody be able to recommend good use-cases?
The C++ implementation is in a good shape and it is used on Linux, Windows,
OS X and many other platforms.
We use it also  on embedded devices.

To be honest, Documentation might be better, however Randy is writing a
book:  http://www.manning.com/abernethy/
and we improve the docs continuously.

All the best!
-roger
;-r

Rush: "Thrift is the Swiss Army Knife of software"
Yes, fully agree on this and best wishes from Switzerland!