thrift-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Chambers <mchamb...@wetafx.co.nz>
Subject Re: any recommendable open-sources for c++ developers
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 02:31:07 GMT

The one thing I miss from Ice is being to host multiple servants from a
single server.  With Thrift I usually end up with a class that has 200
one-liners.  Not that big a deal.

-Matt

On 16/01/14 14:53, henry.jykim@google wrote:
> before we are going to process, I could get a conviction from yours that the thrift is
already matured library.

> thanks for all your comments.
>
> On Jan 15, 2014, at 1:59 AM, Jens Geyer <jensgeyer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Amen to the swiss army knife!

are Mac/Windows/C++. It all works very well. We also use C++ Thrift clients and servers within
the client side machines and internally between server components. We even SWIG Thrift-based
client side libraries for use by the server side code. And we also use it to "flatten" structures
into buffers and files.

>> It is easy to write your own transports and protocols as extensions of the originals.
It is easy to modify the code generator.