thrift-user mailing list archives

From Rush Manbert <r...@manbert.com>
Subject Re: any recommendable open-sources for c++ developers
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:20:37 GMT
We use Thrift in both C++ and Java on Mac and Windows. Servers are Mac/Java, clients are Mac/Windows/C++.
It all works very well. We also use C++ Thrift clients and servers within the client side
machines and internally between server components. We even SWIG Thrift-based client side libraries
for use by the server side code. And we also use it to "flatten" structures into buffers and
files.

It is easy to write your own transports and protocols as extensions of the originals. It is
easy to modify the code generator.

As I have said to a number of people, Thrift is the Swiss Army Knife of software.

- Rush