thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject AW: any recommendable open-sources for c++ developers
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:44:56 GMT
Hi Henry,

IIRC the C++implementation was one of the very first languages supported by Thrift. So yes,
the C++ support is very good.

In general, Thrift is supposed to be language-agnostic AND platform-agnostic. I'm sure, the
C++ guys around can help out with more details, if necessary. Just ask.

JensG
________________________________
Von: henry.jykim@google
Gesendet: 14.01.2014 02:50
An: user@thrift.apache.org
Betreff: any recommendable open-sources for c++ developers

hi, all
I am newbie to use the thrift library.

Our team’s legacy software is using CORBA very heavily.
yes, we got now the time to change it for more lighter, more faster.

There are 2 big libraries for bmt.
the first is ICE.
the second is THRIFT.

AYK, there are good and worse relatively.

I believe that the thrift is used very nicely in JAVA world. however does it be also used
in C++ world?
does anybody be able to recommend good use-cases?

very thanks for your concerns.