thrift-user mailing list archives

From Nevo Hed <nhed+thrift...@aereo.com>
Subject Re: ERROR: Could not find a valid gem 'lib/rb/thrift*.gem' (>= 0) in any repository when build rpm package
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:01:39 GMT
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM, ch huang <justlooks@gmail.com> wrote:

> Building Ruby Library ........ : no

At the early part of the build "configure" is run and it decides that it
won't build for Ruby
So the make + make install do nothing for ruby but the packaging itself
fails

I think you have 2 options:
To build the ruby subpackage:

I know you have "ruby-devel" as it is a listed BuidRequires in the spec, so
I am guessing you are missing the bundler gem, as mention in
http://thrift.apache.org/docs/install  (I'm using version 1.3.5, I forget
if thats is a listed requirement or not).

 Disable the ruby subpackage:

rpmbuild -D'%without_ruby 1' -ba thrift.spec

(side note, I do not know how to do a "BuildRequires" for a non-RPM items
such as a ruby gem, except when said gem is packaged as rubygem-*.rpm, but
bundler does not seem to be a common RPM, so maybe we should fail the
rpmbuild if "without_ruby" is not specified, yet configure rules Ruby out)