thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is full program doctext still allowed?
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:09:56 GMT
Hi Craig,

AFAIK it is not implemented yet. I never tried it myself, and never took the
time to think through the arguments given there. But I agree it could be
helpful occasinally. Can't tell how much of effort is needed. Maybe you want
to find out :-) ?

JensG

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
From: Craig Peterson
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 10:51 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Is full program doctext still allowed?

I am trying to use the html generator to generate documentation for my
thrift api. It would be really useful to provide a blob of text to go at the
top to explain the entire program. I can't seem to get the compiler to
recognize doctext for the entire program. After reading the source of
thrifty.yy, I am not sure if it is working as intended, or if my syntax is
off. There are comments debating the merits of allowing fill-program
doctext, as well as code that sets the doc on the root program, as well as
syntactic elements called DestroyDocText and similar things. It has all left
me very confused. Is there a way to do full program docs or not?