thrift-user mailing list archives

From Ronald van Gorkum <ronald.vangor...@trust2core.de>
Subject Thrift custom exceptions C++
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:17:32 GMT
Hi all,

I defined some custom exceptions in the Thrift IDL. From this IDL I
generated C++ code. In the generated code the parent class (TException)
is inherited, but the constructor isn't called. When I receive an
exception I'm always receiving the default exception class instead of
the desired custom exception class. If I look into the sources the
parent class variable message_ is only set when the constructor of that
class is being called with the name of the custom exception (what is not
done in the generated code). Or, because the variable is protected, the
content is changed by the custom exception class, but also therefore is
no method generated. Who has also experiences with custom exceptions and
raise them in C++ code and has a proper solution? Or is this a Thrift
generator bug?

Thanks.

Ronald