thrift-user mailing list archives

From Lars Benner <LBen...@tomtec.de>
Subject C++ TThreadPoolServer shutdown
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 20:38:46 GMT
Hi,

I am having a problem, while shutting down a multithreaded thrift session. Basically I am
setting up a TThreadPoolServer with a TPipeServer. Therefore, I call in a separate thread,
the serve function of TThreadPoolServer:

void run()
{

  d->pServer->serve();
}

For shutting down the server, this is done:

void shutdown()
{
  d->pServer->stop();

  d->serverThread.join();
}

If I debug the shutdown function, stepping in or over the stop call works without a problem.
But while waiting for the thread to terminate I get an unhandled exception:

"Unhandled exception at ...: Access violation reading location 0xffffffff."

I figured out that exceptions are used for closing the connection. It actually looks like,
that the Visual Studio debugger is able to catch the exception as intended, but if I tried
to do the next step, I see the exception above.

Has anybody observed a similar issue or has an idea what is going wrong?

Please let me additionally note that everything else is working great, including several thousand
calls from the client to the server.

You might want also some additional information:

Thrift version: 0.9.1
Visual Studio 2008
Boost version: 1.54.0

Thanks,
- Lars

LARS BENNER / SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
phone: +49 (0)89 32175 593 / e-mail: lbenner@tomtec.de / www.tomtec.de .....................................................................................
TOMTEC IMAGING SYSTEMS GMBH
Edisonstr. 6 / 85716 Unterschleissheim / Germany
fax: +49(0)89 32175 750 | phone: +49(0)89 32175 500
HRB 91397 Amtsgericht Muenchen / Geschäftsführer: Ulrich R. Haupt, Johannes Waldinger .....................................................................................

Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail und etwaige Anlagen können Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse
oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben, ist Ihnen der Status dieser E-Mail bekannt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns in diesem
Fall sofort durch Antwort-Mail und löschen Sie diese E-Mail nebst etwaigen Anlagen von Ihrem
System. Ebenso dürfen Sie diese E-Mail oder ihre Anlagen nicht kopieren oder an Dritte weitergeben.
Vielen Dank!

Important Note: This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may contain trade secrets
or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received it in error, you are on notice
of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail and
any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient please understand that
you must not copy this e-mail or any attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.
Thanks.