thrift-user mailing list archives

From Erik Karlsson <karlsso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift flume C++: call to append doesn't return
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:27:38 GMT
Hi again!
Could the problem have been that I didn't set a send timeout on my TSocket?

Old code:
  static boost::shared_ptr<TSocket> thrift_socket =
boost::shared_ptr<TSocket>(new TSocket(thrift_host, thrift_port));

New code:
  static boost::shared_ptr<TSocket> thrift_socket =
boost::shared_ptr<TSocket>(new TSocket(thrift_host, thrift_port));
*  thrift_socket->setSendTimeout(100);*

Erik

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Jens Geyer [mailto:jensgeyer@hotmail.com]
Skickat: den 18 mars 2014 22:19
Till: user@thrift.apache.org
Ämne: Re: Thrift flume C++: call to append doesn't return

Hi Erik,

> Why doesn't append return?

welcome to the mailing list.

I'm afraid, you probably ask at the wrong place, because Thrift is only the
means to talk to Flume and given your description below the problem is very
likely within Flume itself. You are welcome to ask, if the problem can be
tracked down to Thrift and/or if you have a specific reason to suspect the
problem may be related to Thrift.

Have fun,
JensG