thrift-user mailing list archives

From Samir Faci <sa...@esamir.com>
Subject Re: "Could not find include file shared.thrift"
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 00:04:16 GMT
thrift --gen js:node file.thrift works fine for me.  If you're storing it
in a different directory you might want to use the -I <directory> option
to reference it, but that syntax works fine for me.

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 5:18 AM, Jens Geyer <jensgeyer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe totally silly question, but have you checked the file shared.thrift
> is really present?
> What happens if you try this command?
>
>    thrift  --gen js:node shared.thrift
>
> Have fun,
> JensG
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Meik Schutz
> Sent: Saturday, March 1, 2014 12:56 PM
> To: user@thrift.apache.org
> Subject: Re: "Could not find include file shared.thrift"
>

> Hi Nevo,
> Thanks for your help, I'm running
>
> thrift -r --gen js:node tutorial.thrift
>
> from the same directory as the thrift IDL file.
> Thanks again
> Meik
>

> On 01/03/14 02:15, "Nevo Hed" <nhed+thriftusr@aereo.com> wrote:
>
>  Need more context
>> What directory are you running from (CWD) and what flags?
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Meik Schutz <Meik.Schutz@blip.pt>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi there,
>>> I¹m trying to generate node.js files from the tutorial thrift file as in
>>>

>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=thrift.git;a=blob_
>>> plain;f=tutor
>>> ia
>>> l/tutorial.thrift
>>>
>>> using thrift 0.9.1, which I installed using brew. However I get the
>>> message
>>>
>>> [WARNING:/Users/schutzm/Playground/BFEThriftSpike/Thrift/Server/
>>> tutorial.th
>>> rift:59] Could not find include file shared.thrift
>>>
>>> [ERROR:/Users/schutzm/Playground/BFEThriftSpike/Thrift/Server/
>>> tutorial.th
>>> ri
>>> ft:123] (last token was 'shared.SharedService')
>>> Service "shared.SharedService" has not been defined.
>>>
>>> Any hint on what I¹m doing wrong?
>>> Thanks
>>> Meik

>>> This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud
>>> service.
>>> For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com

>> For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com

Samir Faci
*insert title*
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow

Sent from my non-iphone laptop.