thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject AW: Return results list in batches
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:00:01 GMT
I'm afraid, no (or not yet). There are several things that need to be addressed when adding
such a feature to Thrift.

We had a similar issue here, but designed the service accordingly from the beginning to return
only batches of the first/next N entries, because we were aware of that limitation.

________________________________
Von: Anand Nalya
Gesendet: 22.03.2014 06:12
An: user@thrift.apache.org
Betreff: Return results list in batches

Hi,

I've a thrift service that has the following signature:

public List<Map<String,String>> getResults(String query)

Since the result list can be a lot bigger than the RAM, I cannot create the
whole result list in memory before handing it off to thrift. Is there a way
in thrift to fill this resultant list in batches, say 100 items at a time
without any changes on the client side.

Regards,
Anand