thrift-user mailing list archives

From Lenin Raj <emaille...@gmail.com>
Subject Errors while building thirft in OS X
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 12:39:42 GMT
All - I want to use Thrift to transport data between Python and Ruby.

I have installed boost and libevent in /usr/local/lib already. I get few
errors while building Thrift. I have attached the log of the output of
make, make test and make install.

Failures:

  1) BinaryProtocolAccelerated it should behave like a binary protocol
should write a byte
     Failure/Error: @trans.rspec_verify
     NoMethodError:
       undefined method `rspec_verify' for
#<Thrift::MemoryBufferTransport:0x007f816ba7b018>
     Shared Example Group: "a binary protocol" called from
./spec/binary_protocol_accelerated_spec.rb:28
     # ./spec/binary_protocol_spec_shared.rb:112:in `block (2 levels) in
<top (required)>'

  2) BinaryProtocol it should behave like a binary protocol should write a
byte
     Failure/Error: @trans.rspec_verify
     NoMethodError:
       undefined method `rspec_verify' for
#<Thrift::MemoryBufferTransport:0x007f816bd8c978>
     Shared Example Group: "a binary protocol" called from
./spec/binary_protocol_spec.rb:25
     # ./spec/binary_protocol_spec_shared.rb:112:in `block (2 levels) in
<top (required)>'

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
Lenin