thrift-user mailing list archives

From Samir Faci <sa...@esamir.com>
Subject Thrift Artifact Builder Release [ thrift_medusa]
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2014 01:03:47 GMT
HI all,

    I had a need at work (Wize Commerce) to build a tool that will package
our set of thrift files, service definitions and release them as version
aware artifacts.  I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this, but
I didn't find anything else online F/OSS or otherwise that does this.

Fair warning, although it can be extended to support any language, the java
path has been tested far more then ruby.

The source code is hosted here:  https://github.com/WizeCommerce/medusa

We use it internally to validate compilation and to do actual deployment to
our servers.  We package every file as a maven artifact, dynamically create
a .pom file, and publish to our nexus server.

I wanted to inform the community if anyone else can benefit from the tool,
I also wanted to see if anyone had any particular requests/suggestions that
would make medusa more usable
outside of our niche at work.

--
Thank you