thrift-user mailing list archives

From David Ross <dyr...@gmail.com>
Subject [Java] AsyncIface / NonBlocking Server Help
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:16:51 GMT
Hello All,

I am prototyping a thrift server and am having trouble getting a
non-blocking server using the AsyncIface to work. Here are my questions:

   1. It seems TNonblockingServer only works when the client uses the
   TFramedTransport - are there any workarounds for this? We can't make any
   assumptions about the client, so this might be a deal breaker for us.
   2. Since you need to give a TNonblockingServer a TNonblockingServerSocket,
   is there any way to integrate this with SSL (TSSLTransportFactory
   doesn't return one of these)?
   3. Is it possible to integrate TNonblockingServer with
   TSaslTransportFactory? Initial tests seem unpromising.
   4. Finally, is it possible to leverage the AsyncIface without using
   TNonblockingServer?

Thanks in advance. Happy to provide more details or context for any of the
questions.

Best,

David

--