thrift-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Fradley <joe.frad...@fradeng.com>
Subject Re: JSON Output including symbolic member names
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:20:05 GMT
Ok, I realize that JSON output from a library not Thrift will not be able
to be read with Thrift. I'll have to use the same technology to read it as
I wrote it.

I used .NETs JavaScriptSerializer and it worked fine. However, I realized
it included the isset inner structure, which I didn't want. So, I added the
compiler command to include the 'nullable' arg. This removed the _isset but
then I noticed it was including all the member that were null, which I
didn't want. JavaScriptSerializer  didn't really have an option to rememdy
this without creating some custom code. So, I went to use JSON.net and it
had all the options I needed.

Thanks for the feedback Craig.

Am I losing anything by using the 'nullable' flag and therefore not having
the _isset member?