thrift-user mailing list archives

From Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject Error: Too few arguments to open
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:38:15 GMT
Hello,

I am a GSoC student with Apache Airavata and am writing the C++ API for
airavata using thrift.

I was following the link [1] to write a client code. My code is shown below:

boost::shared_ptr<TSocket> socket(new TSocket(airavata_server,
airavata_port));
boost::shared_ptr<TTransport> transport(new TBufferedTransport(socket));
boost::shared_ptr<TProtocol> protocol(new TBinaryProtocol(transport));
AiravataClient airavataclient(protocol);
transport-open();

However, I am getting the following compilation error:

 error: too few arguments to function 'int open(const char*, int, ...)'
/usr/include/fcntl.h:119:12: note: declared here

I checked fcntl.h and there the function open has the prototype:
extern int open (__const char *__file, int __oflag, ...) __nonnull ((1));

Please help me to figure out where I am going wrong.

[1]: http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/ThriftUsageC++

Thanks,
Nadeem.