thrift-user mailing list archives

From Samir Faci <sa...@esamir.com>
Subject Re: static vs dynamic typing
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:27:12 GMT
You'll need to define the thrift schema and have a set number of fields
that are expected in a particular format.  You can cheat a little bit by
using optional fields, but if the user introduces an unknown field then
that approach won't work.

You can also introduce things like a map<string, string> or such to allow
you pass it arbitrary data that patterns feels a bit hacky to me.

The thing I like the most about thrift is that you define a particular
schema which is the 'contract' as to what a user object is, or request
obj.. etc.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Thank you