thrift-user mailing list archives

From ed judge ...@cazena.com>
Subject Issue installing Thrift
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:46:21 GMT
I am not sure why my install is failing.  I have followed the the installation steps that I
have found here:

https://thrift.apache.org/docs/install/centos

Whenever I run the ./configure line I end up seeing:

config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'

I think I have all of the requirements met.  I am running Centos 6.5.

Here is the rest of the configure output.  If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

[root@ip-10-0-0-155 thrift]# ./configure --enable-libs=no

checking for gawk... gawk

checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for suffix of executables...

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

checking for g++... g++

checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes

checking dependency style of g++... gcc3

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed

checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E

checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F

checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld

checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes

checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B

checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm

checking whether ln -s works... yes

checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1966080

checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes

checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes

checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r

checking for objdump... objdump

checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all

checking for ar... ar

checking for strip... strip

checking for ranlib... ranlib

checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok

checking for ANSI C header files... yes

checking for sys/types.h... yes

checking for sys/stat.h... yes

checking for stdlib.h... yes

checking for string.h... yes

checking for memory.h... yes

checking for strings.h... yes

checking for inttypes.h... yes

checking for stdint.h... yes

checking for unistd.h... yes

checking for dlfcn.h... yes

checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes

checking whether g++ accepts -g... (cached) yes

checking dependency style of g++... (cached) gcc3

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E

checking for objdir... .libs

checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no

checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC

checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes

checking if gcc static flag -static works... no

checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes

checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes

checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64

checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes

checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes

checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC

checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes

checking if g++ static flag -static works... no

checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes

checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes

checking for bison... yes

checking for bison version >= 2.5... yes

Automake version < 1.12

checking for bison... bison -y

checking for flex... flex

checking lex output file root... lex.yy

checking lex library... -lfl

checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes

checking whether ln -s works... yes

checking for gawk... (cached) gawk

checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib

checking whether g++ supports C++11 features by default... no

checking whether g++ supports C++11 features with -std=c++11... no

configure: No compiler with C++11 support was found

checking for trial... no

checking for phpunit... no

checking for library containing strerror... none required

checking for inline... inline

checking for working volatile... yes

checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes

checking for _Bool... no

checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes

checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes

checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes

checking return type of signal handlers... void

checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes

checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes

checking for arpa/inet.h... yes

checking sys/param.h usability... yes

checking sys/param.h presence... yes

checking for sys/param.h... yes

checking fcntl.h usability... yes

checking fcntl.h presence... yes

checking for fcntl.h... yes

checking for inttypes.h... (cached) yes

checking limits.h usability... yes

checking limits.h presence... yes

checking for limits.h... yes

checking netdb.h usability... yes

checking netdb.h presence... yes

checking for netdb.h... yes

checking netinet/in.h usability... yes

checking netinet/in.h presence... yes

checking for netinet/in.h... yes

checking pthread.h usability... yes

checking pthread.h presence... yes

checking for pthread.h... yes

checking stddef.h usability... yes

checking stddef.h presence... yes

checking for stddef.h... yes

checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes

checking sys/socket.h usability... yes

checking sys/socket.h presence... yes

checking for sys/socket.h... yes

checking sys/time.h usability... yes

checking sys/time.h presence... yes

checking for sys/time.h... yes

checking sys/un.h usability... yes

checking sys/un.h presence... yes

checking for sys/un.h... yes

checking sys/poll.h usability... yes

checking sys/poll.h presence... yes

checking for sys/poll.h... yes

checking sys/resource.h usability... yes

checking sys/resource.h presence... yes

checking for sys/resource.h... yes

checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes

checking libintl.h usability... yes

checking libintl.h presence... yes

checking for libintl.h... yes

checking malloc.h usability... yes

checking malloc.h presence... yes

checking for malloc.h... yes

checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes

checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes

checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes

checking openssl/rand.h usability... yes

checking openssl/rand.h presence... yes

checking for openssl/rand.h... yes

checking openssl/x509v3.h usability... yes

checking openssl/x509v3.h presence... yes

checking for openssl/x509v3.h... yes

checking sched.h usability... yes

checking sched.h presence... yes

checking for sched.h... yes

checking wchar.h usability... yes

checking wchar.h presence... yes

checking for wchar.h... yes

checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes

checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... yes

checking for setsockopt in -lsocket... no

checking for int16_t... yes

checking for int32_t... yes

checking for int64_t... yes

checking for int8_t... yes

checking for mode_t... yes

checking for off_t... yes

checking for size_t... yes

checking for ssize_t... yes

checking for uint16_t... yes

checking for uint32_t... yes

checking for uint64_t... yes

checking for uint8_t... yes

checking for ptrdiff_t... yes

checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h

checking whether AI_ADDRCONFIG is declared... yes

checking for working alloca.h... yes

checking for alloca... yes

checking for pid_t... yes

checking vfork.h usability... no

checking vfork.h presence... no

checking for vfork.h... no

checking for fork... yes

checking for vfork... yes

checking for working fork... yes

checking for working vfork... (cached) yes

checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes

checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes

checking for working memcmp... yes

checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes

checking for GNU libc compatible realloc... yes

checking sys/select.h usability... yes

checking sys/select.h presence... yes

checking for sys/select.h... yes

checking for sys/socket.h... (cached) yes

checking types of arguments for select... int,fd_set *,struct timeval *

checking whether lstat correctly handles trailing slash... yes

checking whether stat accepts an empty string... no

checking whether strerror_r is declared... yes

checking for strerror_r... yes

checking whether strerror_r returns char *... yes

checking for strftime... yes

checking for vprintf... yes

checking for _doprnt... no

checking for strtoul... yes

checking for bzero... yes

checking for ftruncate... yes

checking for gethostbyname... yes

checking for gethostbyname_r... yes

checking for gettimeofday... yes

checking for memmove... yes

checking for memset... yes

checking for mkdir... yes

checking for realpath... yes

checking for select... yes

checking for socket... yes

checking for strchr... yes

checking for strdup... yes

checking for strerror... yes

checking for strstr... yes

checking for strtol... yes

checking for sqrt... yes

checking for alarm... yes

checking for clock_gettime... yes

checking for sched_get_priority_min... yes

checking for sched_get_priority_max... yes

checking for inet_ntoa... yes

checking for pow... yes

checking the behavior of a signed right shift... arithmetic

configure: creating ./config.status

config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'