thrift-user mailing list archives

From Ben Craig <bencr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need advice for parallel requests
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 17:22:35 GMT
The easiest solution would be to create multiple connections / client
objects... possibly even one client object per request.  You should see if
that will perform well enough for your requirements first.  If it doesn't,
then you will need to do some code generator work to make a thread safe
client object, and a server that can process multiple requests from the
same connection in parallel.  Thrift's current C++ servers will only
process one request at a time on a given connection, though multiple
connections are processed in parallel.

All of the current C++ servers respect the sequence id that is handed to
them, but the current C++ clients always set a sequence id of zero.  Until
you have a thread safe client object, you don't really need the sequence
id.