thrift-user mailing list archives

From Chi Vinh Le <...@chinet.info>
Subject nodejs vs js implementation
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 17:06:45 GMT
Hi folks,

My goal is to use a javascript implementation for the browser and extend it with my specific
needs.
Compatibilty with old browsers is important.

There seems to be a pull request for using the nodejs implementation in a browser using browserify
(https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/251).

I am figuring out the differences between the nodejs and the normal js implementation.
There are quite some differences. Is there a specific design goals for the 2 implementations?
The nodejs implementation seems to be more comprehensive and better engineered.

I guess a browserified nodejs implementation will give compatibility issues with
old browsers am I right?

Anyone knows something that could help?

Chi