thrift-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Reynolds <...@stureynolds.com>
Subject Re: Can separate generated serialization code from generated datatype definitions?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 17:35:16 GMT
Thanks -- I know about RowMapper (and many other workarounds).
Hibernate is one of many serialization frameworks I work with (I'm
happy with it, for the most part, and go around it when it gets in the
way).

We also have a REST interface, and would like JSON or XML
serialization of our business object. Here, again, I'd like to
serialize these objects as plain JSON (not thrift JSON which adds
considerable requirements on a REST client). Allowing Thrift exclusive
ownership of the object definitions is a hindrance.

- Stuart