thrift-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Simbwa <sim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift vs JSON/HTTP for new service
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:59:51 GMT
Personally, I usually develop the Thrift services first and 'layer on' a
JSON/HTTP interface to support integration with third party systems built
by other developers who don't fancy Thrift.

So, technically; I deliver two APIs. And depending on the expertise of the
integrator, they choose which one they want to speak to.

--
- Phillip.

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist
and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae.
 The rset can be a toatl mses  and
you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed
ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe and the biran fguiers it
out aynawy."