thrift-user mailing list archives

From Spencer Brown <spen...@bespoke.is>
Subject Re: Runtime annotations
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2015 11:08:54 GMT
I have pretty much done this with Ruby. I imagine one could do the same with certainly Python.

I defined an API to an underlying object store with strongly typed CRUD APIs... e.g. getMyObject,
createMyObject, etc. Then I wrote a code generator in Ruby that takes the generated Ruby code
from the Thrift compiler, walks through the defined types, and spits out both Thrift API definitions
for the CRUD APIs, and also Ruby server implementation code for the APIs.

You make the point that the runtime annotation format should be a defined interface to Thrift,
that makes sense. My code generator is using the internals of how Thrift generates the Ruby
code, and that could change in the tuture.