thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Java code generation - Solaris
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 18:12:32 GMT
Hi  Manoj,

is the behaviour reproducible with current trunk/master as well? If it works
there, someone fixed it and there should already be a JIRA ticket for it.
The 0.9.3 release is already planned, but not yet complete.

However, if it still is broken with current trunk/master, and especially
since you have a test case, I'd recommend to file a JIRA ticket for it and
add all the information you have.

Links:
- git://git.apache.org/thrift.git
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT

Thanks + have fun,
JensG

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
From: Manoj Gangadharan
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:35 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Java code generation - Solaris

Hi,

We are seeing an issue when a method takes list as in input. The Thrift
compiler 0.9 and 0.9.2 generated Java code in Solaris has an line to
copyBinary results in Java compilation error. have any one else faced
the same issue? Please share if any fix is available.

this.listReasonCodes =
org.apache.thrift.TBaseHelper.copyBinary(other.listEmployees);

- > cannot find symbol    [javac] symbol  : method
copyBinary(java.util.List<common.datatype.Employee>)

The following is a smaple idl that generates this error.

struct Employee
{
     1:string firstName,
     2:string lastName,
}

typedef list<Employee>                 TEmployeeList

TICErrorDescriptionsList saveEmployees(1:RequestContext requestContext,
2:TEmployeeList listEmployees) throws (1:Exceptions.THException hEx)

Thanks
Manoj