thrift-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Reynolds <...@stureynolds.com>
Subject Re: client connect event
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 16:34:44 GMT
Subclassing is an easy way to inject missing functionality.  Override
methods that perform your own logic and call the superclass's version
of the method.
TSocket / TTransport are probably the right places to add this.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 2:19 AM, Rene Winkler Sørensen <REWSO@vestas.com> wrote:
> My team is building a client/server application using thrift over rpc/tcp, we have one
requirement from our stakeholder that we find very complicated in thrift. Every time a client
opens a connection, we need to log the IP of that connection, it does not matter if the client
calls anything, the log have to be there. So my question is, how do I do that, as far as I
can see, the options are very limited. I found an event called TServerEventHandler, but I
don't get the right information there as I see it, can anyone point me in the right direction
if there is one??