thrift-user mailing list archives

From reena upadhyay <reena2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to represent java object as return type of service in .thrift file
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 18:00:20 GMT
Ok. Thanks for the reply.

But my actual use case is: I want my service to return java.sql.Connection
object, and this data type is not supported in hive. How it represent it in
thrift file?

.thrift file is:

service databaseService{
        Connection openConnection(),}

The openConnection method code in service implementation class:

@Override
     public Connection openConnection() throws TException {
       // here is the code that fetch the user object from database
      return connecton;
     }