thrift-user mailing list archives

From reena upadhyay <reena2...@gmail.com>
Subject How to represent java object as return type of service in .thrift file
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:41:25 GMT
I'm developing a service using apache thrift. I have a service named
getUser which returns User object. I couldn't find any way to define
user-defined data type as a return type for my service defined in .thrift
file.

user.thrift file looks like:

service UserService{
        User getUser(1:i32 userId),}

When I am compiling the user.thrift to generate java source code, I am
getting "*Type "User" has not been defined*" error. Can anyone please help
me, how to represent this user-defined java object as a data type in thrift.

The getUser method code in service implementation class:

@Override
     public User getUser(int user id) throws TException {
       // here is the code that fetch the user object from database
      return user;
     }

This is my User class, whose object is being returned by service getUser:

public class User {

private int userId;private String name;private String city;private
String country;public int getUserId() {
    return userId;}public void setUserId(int userId) {
    this.userId = userId;}public String getName() {
    return name;}public void setName(String name) {
    this.name = name;}public String getCity() {
    return city;}public void setCity(String city) {
    this.city = city;}public String getCountry() {
    return country;}public void setCountry(String country) {
    this.country = country;}

}