thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mohamed Nadjib MAMI <mohamed.nadjib.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Thrift in C++ on Windows giving "'CalculatorHandler': cannot instantiate abstract class" error
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2015 20:55:22 GMT
Dear all,

I'm a beginner in Thrift. I'm trying to get started with the example of
Calculator using C++ on Windows (10). Given that the tutorial was a bit
difficult to me, I followed a more simplified one here:
https://elektron9.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/configuring-apache-thrift-for-visual-studio-2012/
.

Everything worked as expected until step 11 in building and running Thrift
server. If you don't want to open it, it's the step of building Thrift
server after having generated the .h and .ccp files using thrift compiler,
and setting the Additional Includes, Dependencies and Libraries inside MS
Visual Studio 2013.

The error I'm getting is: "'CalculatorHandler': cannot instantiate abstract
class"

... corresponding to the line:

shared_ptr<CalculatorHandler> handler(new CalculatorHandler());

... in the generated file: 'Calculator_server.skeleton.ccp'

By my little C++ knowledge and some Googling, I could interpret the error,
but I couldn't solve it. Can any one help?

Thanks in advance!
MNM