thrift-user mailing list archives

From Philip Polkovnikov <polkovnikov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to return more than one value in a Thrift service method?
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 17:46:37 GMT
By the way,

Why does `i32` and `bool` (and several other types) become the same
undistinguishable `binary` in JSON?
Why do you send method names in plain text in a binary protocol?
Why there's no inheritance of struct's in Thrift?
Why Thrift has no obvious way to define methods on client (i.e. server
to client calls)?
Why C# runtime is blocking and single-threaded?
Why sequence id is always zero?
Why does csharp:async imply that I have a fresh version of C#, while
it could've been done with callbacks?
Why feature support table was updated two years ago?
Why there're two JavaScript libraries?
How do I use WebSockets in both of them?
Where's proper API documentation?
How do I determine in a Node.js server that two method calls were from
the same client?
Why did I have to report an issue via maillist that spams my inbox every day?
Haven't you find more ancient technologies to get feedback?
Why I've got no answer?
What should I do with `version.h` in Visual Studio, finally?
Why does Node.js generator create global variables that fail 'use strict' check?

Personally I'd better write my own serialization library than patch
thrift once more. In a span of last two months I've rewritten C#, JS
and JSON generators and runtime libraries due to numerous bugs and
missing features. The real question is if Gajanan H wants to fix the
library that is certainly not ready for even basic usage.