thrift-user mailing list archives

From 刘畅 <liuchang890...@hotmail.com>
Subject Hi there, I have got a question about the serialization performance using Thrift
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2015 08:18:46 GMT
The background is that, we used to use Pyro4 to do the magic of RPC between our two Python
processes.

The serializer is cPickle in Pyro4. However, in our new approach, we change one of the process
into C++ using Thrift instead.

The performance when sending small request/response, Thrift is doing fine.

But in one of the cases, the size of the response is over 200 KB, and the performance is dropping
rapidly.

Our implementation detail is listed below:

Server is using C++, Client is using Python, using TFramedTransport as the transportation
and TThreadedServer as server.

Unfortunately, our project cannot stand this performance drop between two version. And I’m
here for help.

I’d like to know whether there is any performance improvement solution in serialization?