thrift-user mailing list archives

From "j.barrett Strausser" <j.barrett.straus...@gmail.com>
Subject Mutual Auth in Python
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2016 12:54:16 GMT
Does release 0.9.3 support mutual authentication in Python on version
2.7.6? By Mutual Auth I mean does the server check that the client has a
cert that has been signed by the servers PKI (cert,key)?

Looking at the source it appears that it does not?

It is supported in 0.9.4? In this commit it appears to have been introduced.
https://github.com/apache/thrift/commit/ad8358664e6aa2de9094ca68c8b626b953b572c0

In particular I'm assuming the line below is the relevant test case for
mutual auth?
https://github.com/apache/thrift/commit/ad8358664e6aa2de9094ca68c8b626b953b572c0#diff-2853875e5d5696e7082aa0e46bc206b1R186

If all the above is the case, does the server side perform hostname
verification on the client common name?  Any thoughts on how to handle that
in 2.7.6?

Thanks,

-b
--