thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bharath Vissapragada <bhara...@cloudera.com>
Subject Issues with TCompactProtocol
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 10:04:24 GMT
Hi,

We use thrift extensively in the Impala project and recently we are seeing
this error occasionally (during load/race conditions in our code) .

        at org.apache.thrift.ShortStack.pop(ShortStack.java:36)
        at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TCompactProtocol.writeStructEnd(TCompactProtocol.java:220)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.thrift.TColumnType$TColumnTypeStandardScheme.write(TColumnType.java:394)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.thrift.TColumnType$TColumnTypeStandardScheme.write(TColumnType.java:335)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.thrift.TColumnType.write(TColumnType.java:289)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.thrift.TFunction$TFunctionStandardScheme.write(TFunction.java:1256)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.thrift.TFunction$TFunctionStandardScheme.write(TFunction.java:1115)
        at com.cloudera.impala.thrift.TFunction.write(TFunction.java:964)

Switching to TBinaryProtocol doesn't give any error. Any idea why this
could be happening? I was wondering if its some bug in our codebase or if
its some existing issue with thrift. Fwiw, we are on thrift 0.9.0

--
Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>