thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de>
Subject Re: thrift compile with mingw64 fails
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 21:14:12 GMT

Dear all,

it seems I can answer my own question: cmake does not automatically
detect that the boost unit test library is available as a dll, and
therefore does not automatically enable WITH_DYN_LINK_TEST. It seems
some tests are missing a main() method when BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK is
not defined, and this define depends on cmake -DWITH_DYN_LINK_TEST=ON.
I can't say if AllProtocolsTest.cpp should have a main method for
the case that BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK is undefined?

After enabling WITH_DYN_LINK_TEST in cmake, the compile goes beyond
the problem below.

Cheers,

    Mario

On 29.03.2016 22:36, Mario Emmenlauer wrote:

> Dear Aki,
>
> thanks for the quick reply! I've first tried 0.9.3, and it fails
> in several places. Then I discovered the fix you pointed out, and
> since then I've been trying to get newest git trunk compiled. It
> goes much further, but now I'm stuck here :-(
>
> All the best,
>
>     Mario Emmenlauer
>

> On 29.03.2016 21:33, Aki Sukegawa wrote:
>> Hi Mario,
>>
>> Which version do you use ?
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-3437 fixed some problems for
>> mingw64 but is after 0.9.3 so not yet released.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 3:34 AM Mario Emmenlauer <mario@emmenlauer.de>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'd like to build thrift trunk with mingw64 / msys2 / cmake, but it fails
>>> at ~43% with an "undefined reference to `WinMain'" in
>>> AllProtocolsTest.exe.
>>> I could find some references on the web about unicode builds, and different
>>> versions of "main()" on Windows. But I failed to find a combination of
>>> flags that makes the compile work. I would be very happy about any hints,
>>> did somebody else succeed?

Viele Gruesse,

    Mario Emmenlauer

--
BioDataAnalysis GmbH, Mario Emmenlauer      Tel. Buero: +49-89-74677203
Balanstr. 43                   mailto: memmenlauer * biodataanalysis.de