thrift-user mailing list archives

From "j.barrett Strausser" <j.barrett.straus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift for usage on mobile clients?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 17:09:09 GMT
We have two different architectures.

1. If I need to send a mobile client a message I wait until the mobile
client checks in e.g. the pattern is for the mobile client to ask and not
to tell.
2. Some clients we run in a VPN so we essentially have a static ip provided
by the Virtual IP.  This uses a fair amount of bandwidth and the VPN
gateway becomes a SPOF.

I would highly suggest going with option #1.

Thrift does support SSL but some clients I don't think yet support Client
and Server validation. In our case we built authentication that runs inside
of SSL.

-b

--

https://github.com/bearrito