thrift-user mailing list archives

From Milan Laslop <milan.las...@eset.sk>
Subject [PHP] fopen error with allow_url_fopen set to false
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 08:35:48 GMT
Hello,

in Thrift PHP library, the PHP function "fopen" is called (THttpClient.php).
However, in some strict PHP setups (allow_url_fopen [1] set to false), an error is issued
here:
"https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0"

I think fopen could be replaced with curl, possibly making it configurable which one to use.
However, I am not sure if the curl way can be used everywhere (older PHP versions, or if it
is a standard part of PHP).

So, I would like to ask, if this issue could be fixed somehow in Thrift PHP.

Thanks

Milan Laslop

[1] http://php.net/manual/en/filesystem.configuration.php#ini.allow-url-fopen