thrift-user mailing list archives

From Matt Chambers <mvchamb...@me.com>
Subject Re: Thrift version compatibility
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 13:05:02 GMT
If you don’t have a set of unit tests that exercises every client/server call you have, that
is a good place to start for testing this stuff since regardless of what people’s policy
is on compatibility, bugs can occur.  I uncovered a random issue with 0.9.3 java server and
0.9.0 c++ clients concerning the binary type which luckily broke a ton of tests.

-Matt

0.9.0. So all stubs were generated using this version, libthrift version 0.9.0 is used http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.thrift%7Clibthrift%7C0.9.0%7Cpom<http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.thrift|libthrift|0.9.0|pom>